Monday, August 22, 2016

Is It Empty???


I have a secret...I love body lotion. I have it by my bed with a pump for my feet before I go to sleep at night. I also carry small ones in my purse for my hands when they get dry in the winter. I used to throw them away when the lotion stopped coming out the pump.  Then one day I was curious how much I was throwing away.   The answer was a surprise to this cheap girl... a whole bunch.
Here is what you need to do:
1) Get 1 plastic container to store the lotion
2) Scissors
3) Popsicle stick (I'm a teacher and have crafty kids I'm sure a butter knife would also work)
4)Lotion container
I first take the pump out and shake it into the container. Then I cut it near the top as lots of lotion gathers up here. Then I scrape it with the popsicle stick.  Pretty easy!  This one large Vaseline bottle and 2 small trail size (from previous hotel stays) equaled TWO of these containers from the Dollarama.  That was a lot of waste averted.  
Join Guess Who's Cheap on Facebook and Follow my Blog. Share your comments on my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Organizing for supper

Our deep freezer was bursting at the seams, a great problem to have, but it can be a challenge. I was soon going to count getting ingredient...