Wednesday, July 11, 2018

July 11

I love a glass of wine now and then.  Ok, quite often I enjoy a glass of wine.  My favourite bottle of wine costs $16.99 a bottle. Two bottles a week and I am looking at over $30 a week on alcohol. 
12 years ago my husband started to make beer and wine.  Our friends had started making it around the same time.  We would go to various wine and beer stores and buy different kits and then share them with each other.  Now, we use it all:)
Wine and beer making materials are often at yard sales and and on Kijiji for sale.  Starting to make your own booze is quite cost efficent.
Pick a store that sells wine and beer kits and be store loyal.  Most offer reward clubs and you can earn towards free product or money off of supply kits.
Now a bottle of wine costs less than $4 a bottle and tastes good.  I still purchase my favourite bottle from time to time as a treat.  $16.99 every few weeks is much easier on our budget then twice weekly.
We went to the local bottle depot and asked them if we can buy the beer bottles that self close.  This was very cost efficient for beer making.
Save your bottles for your kits. 
Now, it is 5 o'clock somewhere enjoy!

It pays to be frugal.  Check out my Ebooks on Amazon A Guide to Collecting Air Miles in Canada and A Penny Saved is a Mortgage Paid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Organizing for supper

Our deep freezer was bursting at the seams, a great problem to have, but it can be a challenge. I was soon going to count getting ingredient...